Dr. Daniel Riley, DMD
"At New Heights Dental & Braces, we focus on prevention, rehabilitation, relaxation and sedation dentistry to promote a healthy mouth, body, and mind. A healthy mouth is the foundation for a healthy body and mind. My passion and gift is creating that for each person."
Dr. Daniel A. Riley is an honors graduate of the University Of Louisville School Of Dentistry, where he received his D.M.D (Doctorate of Dental Medicine). In 1988, Dr. Riley was one of ten dentists in the United States to be awarded a Dentist-Scientist Fellowship by the National Institutes of Health. This brought him to San Antonio to continue his training in oral surgery, implants, sedation and cosmetic dentistry at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
As a Dentist-Scientist Fellow, Dr. Riley conducted research in bone biology and sugar metabolism. He has presented his work at national and international meetings, lectured at dental schools across the country and has been published in professional journals. Doctor Riley is board certified by the Texas State Board of Dentistry in conscious sedation.
Dr. Riley’s Education, Honors, Awards, and Professional Memberships
Murray State University
- Gamma Beta Phi, Honorary Society
- Alpha Lambda Delta, Honorary Society
- Beta Beta Beta, Honorary Biology Society
University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- Delphi Society, Honorary Dental Society
- Beta Delta, Honorary Dental Society
- Pharmacology Award, highest grade point average in Pharmacology
- Phi Kappa Phi, National Dental Honor Society
- National Dean’s List
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Dental Alumni Merit Scholarship
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Recognition
- Biochemistry Award, Highest Grade Point Average
- Anatomy Award, Highest Grade Point Average in Gross Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Microanatomy
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- San Antonio Dental Society